This workshop aims to address and encourage proactive discussion about the “elephant in the room” in most agricultural or horticultural businesses; Succession Planning.
It’s not about who “gets the farm” or the family silver; but how to ensure adequate financial planning and an appropriate legacy for both those within (and those outside) the farm business; and how to adopt a phased handover of the business from one generation to the next.
Sian Bushell of Sian Bushell Associates will cover the following topic areas in an informal workshop style:
- What is succession planning and why it’s important to get it right!
- How to start the conversation
- Integrating the next generation into the business and defining roles and responsibilities
- How to run a multi-generational business and avoid conflict!
- Being fair and including everyone in the succession planning process
- Short, Medium and Long term planning – what to look at and when?
- Wills and Lasting Power of Attorney
Who should attend? Farmers and growers responsible for planning succession within their business – we actively encourage you bring along all members of the family with an interest in the farm including parents, husbands, wives, in-laws, children, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and cousins (and anyone else you think needs to be there!)
Date: Tuesday 24 April 2018
Time: 10:30 – 16:00 (lunch provided)
Venue: Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel, Castlefields Way, Madeley, Telford, Shropshire, TF7 5DW
The cost of this meeting is funded for AHDB levy payers by AHDB via your levy, but registration is required for catering purposes. CPD points will be available on the day.
To book your FREE place ring the AHDB KE Events Hub on 01904 771218 or email firstname.lastname@example.org