Come along to hear Tom Mitchell from Andersons Consulting talk about how outwintering stock can work and the pitfalls to avoid. A joint event organised by AHDB Dairy, Catchment Sensitive Farming, Wessex Water and Natural England.
Tom will explain the findings of AHDB funded research into outwintering and discuss:
- Cost benefits of outwintering
- Which stock to outwinter, will they grow?
- Which crops to use in different situations
- What to supplement with, how and when
- How to set up your system to minimise poaching/run-off
- Strategies for poor weather
- Dealing with public perception!
- Post out-wintering – how to deal with compaction, set up for next crop, other strategies
Date: Wednesday 13 December 2017
Time: 10:30 – 14:00 (light lunch provided)
Venue: Dorchester Town Football Club, Weymouth Avenue, Dorchester DT1 2RY (next to Tesco)
followed by farm walk at Clandon Farm courtesy of J W Finding Partnership
Booking is essential and to book a place please contact Becky Miles on 07500 873258 or
Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
To assist with biosecurity and conform to government guidelines, please ensure vehicles are clean and that clean boots that can be disinfected are worn.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.