Autumn block calving herds are shown to have potential cost savings of between 1 & 4 ppl over all year round herds.
AHDB are encouraging farmers to review their business and consider if their current production system is right for them. This on farm meeting will look at all aspects of moving to an autumn block calving system.
- Business impacts – yield, seasonality, cash flow, contracts
- Infrastructure and physical limitations – grazing, housing, handling, parlour etc
- People – how to manage peaks and troughs in labour demand and management at busy times
- Herd management – breeding, fertility, productivity and youngstock
- Targets for physical and financial performance
Join AHDB and Wallace Hendrie to find out how he has moved to a tight autumn calving system, the lessons they have learnt and future plans for the business.
Who should attend? Anyone interested in autumn block calving systems
Date: Thursday 15 February 2018
Time: 11:00 – 13:00 (lunch provided)
Venue: Hendrie Brothers (Millands) Ltd, Purroch Farm, Mauchline Road, Hurlford, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 5JJ
To find out more or book a place, please contact the KE Events hub on 01904 771216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The cost is covered through your levy. Booking is essential. Please bring a clean pair of wellington boots to help with the biosecurity and out of respect to the host’s farm business.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.