Autumn block calving herds are shown to have cost savings of 1-4ppl over all year round herds.
AHDB are encouraging farmers to review their business and consider if their current production system is right for them. This on farm meeting will look at all aspects of moving to an autumn block calving system
- Business impacts – yield, seasonality, cash flow, contracts
- Infrastructure and physical limitations – grazing, housing, handling, parlour etc
- People – how to manage peaks and troughs in labour demand and management at busy times
- Herd management – breeding, fertility, productivity and youngstock
- Targets for physical and financial performance
Join AHDB, The Cheriton Family & their consultant John Morgan to find out how they have moved to a tight autumn calving system over the last 4 years, the lessons they have learnt and future plans for the business.
Who should attend? Anyone interested in autumn block calving systems
Date: Wednesday 24 January 2018
Time: 10:45 – 13:00 (pasty lunch provided)
Venue: Aller Barton, Sandford, Crediton, Devon EX17 4PQ by kind invitation of the Cheriton Family
To find out more or book a place, please contact Kate Harris on 07929 203703 or Kate.email@example.com
The cost is covered through your levy. Please ensure you register your attendance for
catering purposes. To assist with biosecurity and conform to government guidelines, please ensure vehicles are clean and that clean boots that can be disinfected are worn.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.