Gloucestershire dairy farmer and former AHDB Dairy board member, Keith Davis has featured in British Dairying magazine as herd manager for a spring-block calving and grazing herd at Lydney Park Farm.
But at home, Keith and his brother milk 120 high genetic merit cows and focus on making a family dairy farm profitable. His talk will include:
- Changing a business after the FMD outbreak in 2001
- Why a 12-week autumn block calving for HY cows
- Overhead costs and budgeting
- Dealing with milk price volatility
- Quality forage (using the Dutch system) plus getting 6kgDM/cow/day from grazed grass
- Why they invested in 2 robotic milkers
Date: Thursday 24th May 2018
Time: 20:00 to 22.00 cash bar open from 19:00
Venue: Longley Park Golf Club, Maple Street, Huddersfield, HD5 9AX
To find out more or book a place, please contact Shirley Macmillan on 07766 402393 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please book by Monday 21st May otherwise this meeting will be cancelled to avoid incurring costs.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.