The Programme: You are invited to a joint meeting hosted by the Paragon Veterinary Group and AHDB Dairy on Genetics & Genomics in Dairy.
Come and learn how genomic testing and IVF can help you make more profit from whole herd genetic improvement and breeding efficiency
Dan Griffiths, Farm Animal Vet with specialist interest in Genomics and IVF and Fern Pearston AHDB Animal Genetics Manager will present and discuss a number of topics.
What we will cover:
- Genomics, reliability of genomics and ways to accelerate genetic gain
- Choosing animals for genomic testing and how to interpret test results
- ACTIVF - ET
- Breeding strategy, breeding goals and the practical use of genomic data
- Breeding indexes -£PLI,£SCI and £ACI
- Herd Genetic Report and other online tools
- New traits recently released by AHDB Dairy
- Case examples of Genetic results and report back to farm
We will also have a farm walk and look at the herd.
Who should attend? Farmers responsible for making sure they are breeding the right cow for your farming system!
Date: Friday 16th November 2018
Time: 10.45 – 14.00 (Lunch Provided)
Venue: Kerricks Farm, Duncow, Dumfries DG1 1TE By kind permission of Scott McGill
The cost of attending this meeting is funded via your levy. Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
Please bring a clean pair of wellington boots to help with the biosecurity and out of respect to the host’s farm business.
To find out more or book a place, please contact either the KE Events hub on 01904 771216 or email email@example.com.
For further information please contact either Bryan Nicholson on 07976 181103 or Dan Griffiths on 01768 483789
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.