- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
UK Milk Utilisation
Published 11 June 15
- Milk utilised for liquid stood at 578m litres in April 2015, a decrease of 15m litres (2.5%) compared with the same month last year. Milk for cheese utilisation was 375m litres in April 2015 which was 20m litres (5.7%) up on April last year.
- Cream utilisation was up by 4.7% on April last year to 28m litres, while yogurt utilisation was down by 37.0% at 16m litres.
- Butter utilisation in April was down on last year's figure by 20.5% at 20m litres.
|Million Litres||Milk Used for Liquid||Milk for Products||Butter||Cheese||Cream||Yogurt|
|% change v Apr 2014||-2.5%||0.5%||-20.5%||5.7%||4.7%||-37.0%|
|% change YTD v 2014||0.4%||-1.9%||-21.5%||-3.0%||2.7%||-8.7%|
Please note this data is provisional and subject to change
** NOTE that the reported percentage change may differ due to rounding.
Utilisation of Milk 2014/15
In 2014/15 (when compared with the previous year):
- More milk was utilised in the manufacture of liquid, cheese, cream and yogurt and more went into milk powders and stock change and wastage.
- Less milk went into butter and condensed milk production.
Provisional figures for the 2014/15 year show that 7.05bn litres of milk were utilised for liquid, 1.9% higher than in the previous year. 271m litres of milk were utilised for yogurt production, a decrease of 11.5% on the previous year. More milk was utilised for powder during the 2014/15 year compared with the previous year, with 1.60bn litres utilised, an increase of 27.2%. Cream showed an increase on 2013/14 figures for milk utilisation, increasing by 3.7% to 302m litres. Milk utilised for cheese was up, by 4.2% at 3.80bn litres.
Milk utilised for butter and condensed milk decreased by 11.5% and 9.4% respectively in 2014/15 compared to 2013/14, to 271m litres for butter production and 260m litres for condensed milk products.
There was an increase in stock change and wastage in the 2014/15 year, up on the previous year by 187.0% to 92m litres.
|2013/14||2014/15||Change from 2013/14|
|Milk Used for Liquid||6,920||7,053||1.9%|
*Please note data is provisional
*There may be marginal differences in percentages due to figures being rounded up or down.