- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
EU Dairy Imports
Published 3 November 15
In August 2015:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 326 tonnes. In the same month in 2014 imports totalled 148 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP were down 518 tonnes on the previous year at just 4 tonnes in August.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 2,209 tonnes, 5% higher than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 24% lower than August last year, at 3,374 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 643 tonnes, 20% higher than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Aug 2015
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 1,690 tonnes higher than the same period in 2014.
- Imports of SMP for the year to August totalled 1,834 tonnes, an increase of 721 tonnes compared to the same period in 2014.
- Butter and butteroil imports are down 60% to 15,164 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes have fallen 39% to 33,403 tonnes in Jan-Aug 2015.
- Whey powder imports decreased 12% to 4,803 tonnes.