- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
EU Dairy Imports
Published 22 January 16
In November 2015:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 294 tonnes. In the same month in 2014 imports totalled 191 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP were up 84 tonnes on the previous year, at 102 tonnes in November.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 1,828 tonnes, 61% lower than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 6% lower than November last year, at 5,408 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 602 tonnes, 27% lower than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Nov 2015
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 2,059 tonnes higher than the same period in 2014.
- Imports of SMP for the year to November totalled 3,003 tonnes, an increase of 881 tonnes compared to the same period in 2014.
- Butter and butteroil imports were down 56% to 20,935 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes fell 23% to 54,560 tonnes in Jan-Nov 2015.
- Whey powder imports decreased 9% to 6,557 tonnes.