- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
EU Dairy Imports
Published 21 August 15
In June 2015:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 123 tonnes. In the same month in 2014 imports totalled 26 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP were up by 16 tonnes on the previous year at 165 tonnes.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 1,546 tonnes, 7.6% lower than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 6.9% higher than June last year at 5,398 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 784 tonnes, 34.4% higher than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-June 2015
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 1,278 tonnes higher than the same period in 2014.
- Imports of SMP for the year to June totalled 1,613 tonnes, an increase of 1,050 tonnes compared to the same period in 2014.
- Butter and butteroil imports are down 65.3% to 11,885 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes have fallen 44.0% to 25,352 tonnes in Jan-Jun 2015.
- Whey powder imports decreased 11.2% to 3,925 tonnes.