- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
EU Dairy Imports
Published 30 June 15
In April 2015:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 271 tonnes. In the same month in 2014 imports totalled 2 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP were up by 135 tonnes on the previous year at 273 tonnes.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 1,992 tonnes, 49.1% lower than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 51.6% lower than the previous year at 4,059 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 766 tonnes, 54.1% lower than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Apr 2015
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 1,131 tonnes higher than the same period in 2014.
- Imports of SMP for the first four months of 2015 totalled 1,442 tonnes. This represents an increase of 1,092 tonnes compared to the same period in 2014.
- Butter and butteroil imports are down 70.1% to 9,063 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes have fallen 53.0% to 15,888 tonnes during the first four months of 2015.
- Whey powder imports have dropped by 22.6% compared to Jan-Apr 2014, a decrease of 713 tonnes. This due to imports for the month of April falling 904 tonnes year-on-year.