- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
EU Dairy Imports
Published 8 October 15
In July 2015:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 209 tonnes. In the same month in 2014 imports totalled 53 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP were up by 182 tonnes on the previous year at 209 tonnes.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 866 tonnes, 53.2% lower than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 9.1% lower than July last year at 4,399 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 211 tonnes, 56.9% lower than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Jul 2015
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 1,446 tonnes higher than the same period in 2014.
- Imports of SMP for the year to July totalled 1,822 tonnes, an increase of 1,232 tonnes compared to the same period in 2014.
- Butter and butteroil imports are down 64.1% to 12,951 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes have fallen 40.7% to 29,753 tonnes in Jan-Jul 2015.
- Whey powder imports decreased 15.7% to 4,139 tonnes.