- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
- Milk Price Calculator
EU Dairy Imports
Published 20 April 16
In February 2015:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 499 tonnes. In the same month in 2015, imports totalled 99 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP were up 128 tonnes on the previous year, at 318 tonnes in February.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 2,203 tonnes, 66% higher than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 20% higher than February last year, at 5,593 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 640 tonnes, 5% lower than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Feb 2016
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 730 tonnes higher than the same period in 2015, reaching 1,246 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP for Jan-Feb were 957 tonnes, an increase of 711 tonnes compared to the same months last year.
- Butter and butteroil imports were up 8% to 4,354 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes increased 14% to 10,252 tonnes in Jan-Feb.
- Whey powder imports increased 27% to 1,206 tonnes.