- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
- Milk Price Calculator
EU Dairy Imports
Published 19 July 16
In May 2016:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 707 tonnes, 598 tonnes higher than the same month last year.
- Imports of SMP were up 526 tonnes on the previous year, at 536 tonnes in May.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 1,450 tonnes, 20% higher than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 19% higher than May last year, at 5,772 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 760 tonnes, 10% higher than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-May 2016
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 2,055 tonnes higher than the same period in 2015, reaching 3,351 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP for Jan-May were 2,144 tonnes, an increase of 688 tonnes compared to the same months last year.
- Butter and butteroil imports were down 7% to 9,839 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes increased 21% to 28,844 tonnes in Jan-May.
- Whey powder imports increased 9% to 3,431 tonnes.