- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
- Milk Price Calculator
EU Dairy Imports
Published 23 May 16
In March 2016:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 153 tonnes, 61% lower than the same month last year.
- Imports of SMP were down 567 tonnes on the previous year, at 358 tonnes in March.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 1,878 tonnes, 39% lower than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 32% higher than March last year, at 6,765 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 753 tonnes, 3% higher than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Mar 2016
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 692 tonnes higher than the same period in 2015, reaching 1,597 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP for Jan-Mar were 1,409 tonnes, an increase of 237 tonnes compared to the same months last year.
- Butter and butteroil imports were down 13% to 6,232 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes increased 20% to 17,017 tonnes in Jan-Mar.
- Whey powder imports increased 17% to 1,959 tonnes.