- News Articles
- Technical Articles
- Active Kids Get Cooking Special Challenge 2008
- Open Farm Sunday – (Sun 1/6/2008)
- Breakfast clubs are on the menu at The Education Show
- The Hidden Loss - Bad Ventilation
- The Royal Show
- National School Sport Week
- Enjoy One of Your 3-A-Day of Dairy in Your Lunchbox. National Lunchbox Week is the 1-5 September
- Breakfast – No fuel, No fire!
- Summer Cooking
- Changes to the EU School Milk Scheme in England
- Is your breakfast club simply the best?
- Get on your bike to a healthier lifestyle at the Royal Highland Show
- World School Milk Day
- Press Releases
- Press Archive
Published 2 June 08
With summer in the air, now is a great time to undertake some cooking with your class.
The Food a Fact of Life website has lots of fantastic recipes designed especially for primary school children. The collection of 'Cool creations' recipes is ideal for summer and include salads, sandwiches, dips and drinks.
Why not get your children to design and make different dishes based on these recipes?
How about planning a special event such as a class picnic and allowing the children to plan and prepare the food? Why not get the children to think about healthy eating and get them to develop and make a healthy sandwich or snack?
Food is a great medium for subjects right across the curriculum so why not check out the recipes and get cooking today? Go to: http://www.foodafactoflife.org.uk