- About AHDB Dairy
- Market Information
Research & Development
- Health & Welfare
- Business Management
- New Opportunities for Forage Species
- Dairy Housing 2012
- Muscling on Holsteins
- Lupins in sustainable agriculture
- Forage processing for milk production
- Vasectomised bulls
- Forage brassica for outwintering stock
- Endocrine management of bovine infertility
- Review on calving pattern management
- A study into milking machine automation
- Outwintering Survey Executive Summary
- Grassland soils guide
- Increasing the proportion of fresh grass in high yielding cow diets
- Survey of current practice among farmers outwintering replacement dairy heifers.
- Performance of replacement spring-calving dairy heifers outwintered on different forages
- Project Report - Increasing the proportion of grass in high yielding cow diets new.pdf
- Report: Growing and feeding maize
- Demonstration Farms
- Breeding and genetics
- Consumer Communication
- Technical Information
- Talking to schools & consumers
- D. Archive
Vasectomised Bulls as an Aid to Heat Detection.
Published 2 December 09
Download this report by clicking below
The use of a vasectomised bull has been shown to have a positive effect on reproductive performance due to improvement in submission rates.
Adoption of this practice by UK dairy farmers involves minimal outlay, or change in daily routines. The demonstrated benefits far outweigh the potential risks. The report includes farmer recommendations for the use of a vasectomised bull...