Tuesday 27 February 2018, Chance Hall Farm, Congleton, Cheshire
AHDB Dairy believes that we can achieve a more resilient industry through an optimal dairy systems approach whereby the Great British dairy industry can realise significant competitive gains at farm level by a narrowing of production systems. We believe that farmers should review their current system to ensure they chose a farming system that enables them to compete, matches their market segment, complements their mind-set and takes account of any on-farm limitations or opportunities.
In order to support the Optimal Dairy Systems approach we are launching a number of Strategic Dairy Farms to help demonstrate best practice and encourage farmer to farmer learning by sharing key physical and financial performance indicators and the decision making that lead to the current position.
Join us at the launch of our first All-Year-Round (AYR) calving Strategic Dairy Farm where Tom and Karen Halton will provide an open, honest and transparent view of their business including:
- Background to the farm including a farm tour
- Current technical performance against AHDB Optimal Dairy Systems defined KPI’s for AYR calving herds
- Current financial Performance against AHDB Optimal Dairy Systems defined KPI’s
- How representatives including; David Hughes Agricultural Consultancy Ltd, Lambert, Leonard and May and Technical Services Team at Genus support Tom and Karen to contribute to current performance.
- Long term vision for the farm, including a critical look at current under-performance and areas for improvement and future focus including dates & topics for next SDF meetings
Who should attend? Anyone who is all-year-round calving or interested in benchmarking their business.
Date: Tuesday 27 February 2018
Time: 10:45 prompt – 14:30 (lunch provided so booking essential)
Venue: Chance Hall Farm, Chance Hall Lane, Moreton-Cum-Alcumlow, Congleton, Cheshire CW12 4TL (By Kind Permission of Tom & Karen Halton)
To book your FREE place contact the AHDB KE Events Hub on 01904 771216 or email@example.com or for more information contact Becki Leach on 07595 415756.
The cost of attending this event is covered through your levy but please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
Please bring a clean pair of wellington boots to help with the biosecurity and out of respect to the host’s farm business.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.