Slurry, farmyard manure and dirty water are all valuable by-products of dairy farms. The recently refreshed AHDB Nutrient Management Guide (RB209) shows that muck is worth £9.20/tonne and a cubic metre of slurry has a value of £3.20 in NPK alone.
Join AHDB Dairy, Wessex Water and Catchment Sensitive Farming at an on farm event to help you look at how to optimise your use of muck and slurry on farm. David Ball, Technical Manager from AHDB Dairy will lead the event which will demonstrate practical solutions on:
- How best to store and use muck and slurry to release their true value
- Using the AHDB Slurry Wizard to calculate volumes produced and storage capacity
- Compliance with regulations
- Techniques for cost-effective applications within a nutrient management plan
- What additional sources of help, advice and potential financial advice is available locally?
Date: Wednesday 19 July 2017
Time: 10:45 – 14:00 (lunch provided)
Venue: Manor Farm, Waterston, Dorchester, Dorset DT2 7SS
By kind permission of Mr A Spicer
To find out more about the event please contact Becky Miles on 07500 873258 or to book a place please call 01904 771216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes. The cost is covered through your levy.
To assist with biosecurity and conform to government guidelines, please ensure vehicles are clean and that clean boots that can be disinfected are worn.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.