The Programme: This meeting aims to address and encourage thinking and proactive discussion about the “elephant in the room” in most Farm businesses: Succession Planning.
It’s not about who “gets the farm” or the family silver but how to ensure adequate financial planning to ensure an appropriate legacy for both those within and those outside the farm business and how to adopt a phased handover of the business from one generation to the next.
Sian Bushell of Sian Bushell Associates will cover the following topic areas:
- What is succession planning and why it’s important to get it right!
- How to start the conversation
- Integrating the next generation into the business and defining roles and responsibilities
- How to run a multi-generational business and avoid conflict!
- Being fair and including everyone in the succession planning process
- Short, Medium and Long term planning – what to look at and when?
- What does retirement mean to you and how to manage your finances to accommodate this
- Wills and Lasting Power Of Attorney
Who should attend? Dairy and beef and sheep farmers responsible for planning succession within their business. We actively encourage you to bring along all members of the family with an interest in the farm including parents, husbands, wives, in-laws, children, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts and cousins (and anyone else you think needs to be there!)
Date: Thursday 23 March 2017
Time: 10:45 – 14:15 (Lunch included)
Venue: Greenhills Hotel, Red Dial, Wigton, Cumbria CA7 8LS
To find out more or book a place, please contact the AHDB KE Hub on 01904 771211 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the meetings, please contact Bryan Nicholson on 07976 181103
The cost is covered by your AHDB Dairy and AHDB Beef and Lamb levy. Please ensure you register your attendance for catering purposes.
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details.