EU Farmgate Milk Prices
Published 13 February 17
- The December EU weighted average milk price stood at €33.05/100kg (28.72ppl), up €1.19/100kg (3.7%) on the previous month. In pence per litre, the price was up on November by 0.21ppl (0.7%). Compared with the previous year, the weighted average EU price for December was up €2.56/100kg (8.4%), this was an increase on the year of 5.96ppl, up 26.2% in sterling terms.
- The average UK farmgate price in December stood at €30.14/100kg (26.19ppl), which was the second lowest price of any nation in the EU15, above Portugal, in both euro and sterling terms.
- The EU15 weighted average price stood at €33.52/100kg (29.13ppl) in December, €1.19/100kg (3.7%) up on November, and was €2.43/100kg (7.8%) higher than the December 2015 average.
- Looking at the top-five milk producing countries for this month (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Poland), the average December price was €32.94/100kg which was a €1.60/100kg (5.1%) increase compared with the previous month.
For the latest information on EU milk production click here.
|Dec-16||Pence per litre (ppl)||Euros/100kg|
|Weighted Average EU15||29.13||33.52|
|Weighted Average EU28||28.72||33.05|
* Figures are DG AGRI estimations
** Figures are estimated prices by the Member State
*** Figures are estimations based on LTO
Note: The UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are inflated by retrospective bonuses estimated to be €1.35/100kg (1.03ppl) and €4.29/100kg (3.42ppl), respectively.
Source: DG Agri
Source: DG Agri