- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
- Milk Price Calculator
EU Dairy Imports
Published 3 October 16
In July 2016:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 340 tonnes, 95 tonnes higher than the same month last year.
- Imports of SMP were up 20 tonnes on the previous year, at 229 tonnes in July.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 819 tonnes, 6% lower than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 21% lower than July last year, at 4,195 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 1533 tonnes, 625% higher than the previous year.
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-July 2016
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 2,481 tonnes higher than the same period in 2015, reaching 4,176 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP for Jan-July were 2,540 tonnes, an increase of 661 tonnes compared to the same months last year.
- Butter and butteroil imports were down 10% to 11,599 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes increased 20% to 42,755 tonnes in Jan-July.
- Whey powder imports increased 34% to 5,604 tonnes.