- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
- Milk Price Calculator
EU Dairy Imports
Published 8 February 17
In November 2016:
- EU imports of WMP totalled 56 tonnes, 247 tonnes less than the same month last year.
- Imports of SMP were down 5 tonnes on the previous year, at 98 tonnes in November.
- EU imports of butter and butteroil were at 2,592 tonnes, 40% higher than the previous year.
- Cheese imports were 15% higher than November last year, at 6,190 tonnes.
- Imports of whey totalled 847 tonnes, 41% higher than the previous year.
|EU dairy imports (tonnes)|
Note: All data subject to retrospective changes. There may be marginal differences in percentages due to rounding.
Cumulative imports: Jan-Nov 2016
- Cumulative imports of WMP into the EU were 1,931 tonnes higher than the same period in 2015, reaching 5,414 tonnes.
- Imports of SMP for Jan-Nov were 3,406 tonnes, an increase of 177 tonnes compared to the same months last year.
- Butter and butteroil imports were down 14% to 18,154 tonnes.
- Cheese import volumes increased 19% to 64,761 tonnes in Jan-Nov.
- Whey powder imports increased 34% to 8,966 tonnes.