- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- Fonterra reduce milk price
- Friesland Campina reduce May milk price
- UK milk being used to displace imports?
- Irish calf numbers increase
- Heifer rearing – worth the investment?
- Healthy Eating Week 2015
- Trott, Storey, Archibald, King, Clancy and Burke sign up for The Milk Race
- Arla hold May amba price
- Get more from Grassland this year!
- Dairy farmers – ambassadors for our industry
- Key restrictions on milk production vary between EU member states
- New branded milk product launched by Arla
- China’s thirst for quality could be boosting liquid milk market
- Russia seeks to reduce reliance on imports
- Defra farmgate prices: when is an average not an average?
- Fonterra NZ milk production forecast suggests steep end of season fall
- Arla and Dairy Pro announce ground-breaking training collaboration
- Webinar – concentrate supplementation strategies
- More available product likely driver for overall decrease in GDT
- Forage Field Wales
- PSA continues to help support EU commodity markets
- US milk production forecast cut as Western drought bites
- British consumers spend more on cheese but volumes fall.
- £6m funding to improve UK livestock health
- UK deliveries end milk year with 5% growth
- Improving young stock performance
- New Zealand production falls 6% in February
- Profitable Pastures – Making your soils deliver!
- Manufacture of dairy products reaches 11 year high
- Top three unchanged in DairyCo’s Spring Calving Index
- Stability among the specialist dairy breeds
- Canadians dominate DairyCo young sire rankings
- More top genomic Holsteins gain daughter-proven indexes
- Are Chinese buyers back?
- GDT auction sees second consecutive fall
- Dairy industry launches Action Johne’s Initiative
- FrieslandCampina drops its April milk price
- US farmgate prices see 30% reduction in 6 months
- Optimising calf housing all year round
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Optimising calf housing all year round25 April 2017
Farmers in north east Scotland are being urged to come along to a free on farm meeting to discuss how to ensure their dairy housing offers the best possible environment for young stock all year round.
- Fonterra reduce milk price to lowest level in eight years30 April 2015
Fonterra has reduced its forecasted farmgate milk price for the 2014/15 season to $4.50/kgMS (17ppl equivalent). This is the lowest milk price paid by the cooperative in the past eight seasons and has been attributed to the continuing volatility in dairy commodity prices caused by over-supply.
- Friesland Campina reduce May milk price29 April 2015
Continued pressure on dairy product prices has led to a further drop in the FrieslandCampina milk price. The guaranteed price for May 2015 has been lowered 3.8% to €32.00/100kg, equivalent to around 24ppl at current exchange rates.
- UK milk being used to displace imports?29 April 2015
UK dairy imports have fallen fairly sharply over the last six months, down 10%.
- Irish calf numbers increase27 April 2015
The number of dairy calves registered so far in 2015 is up by over 87,000 (11%) on the same period in 2014, according to data from ICBF and Agriland.
- Heifer rearing – worth the investment?27 April 2015
Recent estimates of the cost of rearing have ranged from £1,000 to £1,500, and tend to average around £1,200. But, to create a more accurate estimate – and address an absence of GB-based empirical data, DairyCo funded a survey of 102 dairy farms in England, Scotland and Wales.
- Healthy Eating Week 201527 April 2015
More than 5,000 nursery, primary and secondary schools from across the UK have registered to participate in the British Nutrition Foundation’s (BNF) Healthy Eating Week 2015, which takes place 1 - 5 June and is supported by DairyCo.
- Trott, Storey, Archibald, King, Clancy and Burke sign up for The Milk Race 24 April 2015
This weekend marks four weeks until The Milk Race returns to Nottingham City Centre for the third year in succession.
- Arla hold May amba price24 April 2015
Arla Foods has announced that the amba price will remain unchanged for May. However, exchange rates have resulting in a 0.03ppl increase for its UK members, which will be backdated to 1 April 2015.
- Get more from Grassland this year!23 April 2015
On Thursday 7 May, the much respected, one-day, triennial show returns to the Bath and West showground. It covers every aspect of the farmer's interests, from seeds to feeds, machinery demonstrations, technical advice, clamp demonstrations and trade stands from all sectors of the industry.