- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- Defra publish reworked February average milk price
- Milking grass for profit
- EU dairy cows to decline?
- GB dairy herd shows signs of contracting
- GDT to expand auction data but limit access
- Is EU milk production starting to slow down?
- Top 10 tips to optimise big bale silage quality
- Dairy markets in China still show potential
- EU to allow joint planning of milk production volumes
- Supply reduction incentives of a different kind
- FM finds whey to generate value
- China’s clampdown on online retailers affects dairy imports
- Raised intervention volume limits made official
- The end of a strong milk year
- Farming industry working together to tackle BVD
- How Fonterra suppliers could cash in without losing their chips
- Dairy is key to ageing healthily, say experts
- February farmgate milk price update
- New Tesco Cheese Group will pay bonus farmgate price
- New milk price calculator to launch
- Market transparency
- France seeks to make the food industry more transparent
- Rabobank sheds light on China but little optimism for 2016
- EU Commission to give milk to Syrian children
- Defra February milk price inflated by bonus payments
- New Holstein indexes highlight most economic bulls
- Shake up among young sires brings new names to the top
- Bulls for spring calving will boost milk components
- Newcomers feature in Friesian top five
- SMP hits volume limit – tendering begins
- Make the right maize decisions
- Müller to consolidate in Scotland
- Milk Price Calculator launched
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Defra publishes reworked February average milk price29 April 2016
Defra has published the average farmgate price for March, along with a revised February price which excludes the impact of bonuses paid in the month. The February average price has been adjusted to 22.93ppl, matching the estimate put out by AHDB Dairy last month.
- Milking grass for profit28 April 2016
Find out how you can achieve top performance from grazing at a farm walk on 4 May in Marlborough, Wiltshire.
- EU dairy cows to decline?27 April 2016
Forecasted figures from a number of EU countries suggest cattle numbers are to fall marginally this year.
- GB dairy herd shows signs of contracting27 April 2016
Data from BCMS for the first quarter of 2016 shows deaths of dairy females aged 2 years or older was up almost 9k head (up 8%) compared to the same period last year.
- GDT to expand auction data but limit access27 April 2016
Global Dairy Trade (GDT) is increasing the data it makes available about its online dairy auctions but some of the information will no longer be freely accessible.
- Is EU milk production starting to slow down?27 April 2016
EU milk production in February 2016 is provisionally put at 11,912m litres, some 10% higher than February last year. However, detailed analysis does show signs that EU production is starting to slowdown.
- Top 10 tips to optimise big bale silage quality 21 April 2016
Forage research scientist, Rhun Fychan from IBERS, Aberystwyth University, gives his top 10 tips for making the best big bale silage.
- Dairy markets in China still show potential20 April 2016
Dairy showed one of the strongest growth results in China’s food and beverage market in 2015. According to a recent report by Kantar Worldpanel China, the liquid milk market, which includes yoghurts, saw sales increase by 7.5%.
- EU to allow joint planning of milk production volumes20 April 2016
The European Commission has published regulations allowing dairy organisations to make joint agreements to plan milk production levels, as part of the market support measures announced last month.
- Supply reduction incentives of a different kind20 April 2016
In response to deteriorating conditions in dairy markets, some European co-ops have started to offer their suppliers higher prices for reduced deliveries.