- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- Cream value not showing in farmgate prices
- How cream and butter prices impact on farmgate prices
- Decisions4Dairy - Cost of production: How do UK dairy farm economics compare to the rest of the world?
- Decisions4Dairy cost of production: Reducing labour - a false economy?
- Decisions4Dairy - Cost of Production: Herd replacement cost
- Silage analysis of first cuts 2016
- Helping producers increase their bargaining power
- Could GB cope with an Irish seasonal profile?
- Decisions4Dairy - Cost of production: Is all-year round calving really the best option?
- Decisions4Dairy - Cost of production: Implications of switching calving pattern
- Growing taste for breakfast cereal in China
- FMP launched to report traders views of the markets
- Using futures to read the market
- Latest GDT up 13%
- How do Irish processors cope with seasonality in supply?
- GB dairy herd shrinks
- Brexit – announcement on EU funding
- No milk for excess products in 2016
- Commission sets deadlines for aid packages
- Ireland’s seasonal challenges
- Farmgate prices should be moving up
- Government supporting dairy farmers and their families
- Pushing out the boundaries on the shelf life of liquid milk
- Irish processor negotiates lower cost loans for its suppliers
- Global milk production shows signs of stability
- China’s dairy demand stirs but stockpiling continues
- AHDB at Countryfile Live
- New Holstein rankings highlight butterfat, efficiency and fitness
- New No. 1 and the arrival of Supershot sons
- Rankings hold steady at top of Spring Calving Index
- Stability overall coupled with launch of British Friesian genomics
- RABDF launches Entrepreneurs in Dairying 2016
- Search is on for Dairy Stockperson of the Year
- Go behind the scenes at AHDB
- Brexit - Announcement on EU funding
- Dairy Farmer of the Year finalists revealed (1)
- Two Members Reappointed to AHDB Board
- The most asked question of dairy farmers up and down the United Kingdom? (1)
- Top tips on Cost of Production from Tony Evans
- George Eustice MP has announced new measures to tackle bovine TB in England
- #Decisions4Dairy Cost of Production Series
- NACFT announce the creation of the Register of Cattle Foot Trimmers
- Consultation opens on phase two of Action Johne's Initiative
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Decisions4Dairy - Cost of production: Is all-year-round calving really the best option?1 September 2016
As part of the Decisions4Dairy Cost of production theme we consider block calving as a method of cost reduction and it's impact on the the processor. The British dairy industry could cut its costs by an estimated £3.5m per week with a different approach to milk production and, in particular, calving patterns, according to AHDB analysis. That is equivalent to 1.5ppl across all the milk in the country.
- NACFT announce the creation of the Register of Cattle Foot Trimmers31 August 2016
NACFT Chairman, Steve Paul, said he is delighted to announce the creation of the Register of Cattle Foot Trimmers which though created by the NACFT, will be autonomous, acting independently from the NACFT with its own powers, identity and website.
- Consultation opens on phase two of Action Johne's Initiative31 August 2016
The Action Group on Johne’s has launched an industry consultation on Phase II of the Action Johne’s Initiative.
- Cream value not showing in farmgate prices30 August 2016
For liquid processors, fat as a by-product has increased in value by around 4ppl since April. This improvement in cream returns is not currently flowing through into farmgate prices for those supplying the liquid milk market.
- How cream and butter prices impact on farmgate prices30 August 2016
The value of fat has increased rapidly over the last few months, with cream and butter prices improving by around 75% to 80% between April and August. These price increases will give a direct benefit to any manufacturer who has cream/butter as a by-product, although the level of benefit will be determined by how much of their excess fat they sell on the open market.
- George Eustice MP has announced new measures to tackle bovine TB in England 30 August 2016
George Eustice MP has announced new measures to tackle bovine TB in England as part of the Government’s 25 year strategy to eradicate the disease and protect the livelihoods of dairy and beef farmers.
- #Decisions4Dairy Cost of Production Series 30 August 2016
This month's #Decisions4Dairy series is focusing on cost of production.
- Decisions4Dairy - Cost of production: How do UK dairy farm economics compare to the rest of the world? 28 August 2016
The first Decisions4Dairy article for the week themed on Cost of production. The world milk price experienced a sharp decline in 2014, continuing into 2016, as shown in Figure 1. This, unsurprisingly, has significantly affected profitability of dairy farms in many countries around the world, despite lower feed prices. Depending on the region, the International Farm Comparison Network (IFCN) estimates that profits fell by between 1ppl in Central and Eastern Europe and 8ppl in North America.
- Silage analysis of first cuts 201624 August 2016
Trouw Nutrition’s GB Silage Watch for August 2016 highlights how later first cuts, which are more mature at harvest, have had an impact on the quality of first cut silage this season.
- Helping producers increase their bargaining power23 August 2016
The Australian government is to introduce an unfair contracts law in an effort to protect small businesses from unfair contracts with large businesses.