- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- EU Commission extends storage aid for butter and SMP
- First Milk lowers some milk prices
- NZ milk prices fall as global price pressure continues
- Dairy Crest announce Daivdstow price decrease
- AHDB gathers UK industry to tackle market volatility
- Cheese banned from Russia finds other markets
- Hogan considers extension for storage aid market support
- The opportunity for dairy exports to Iran
- Leading experts call for dairy to play a key role in combatting childhood obesity
- Müller calls time on Direct Milk formula contract
- Rodda’s to source own milk – and it comes with a premium
- Arla to reduce members’ milk price
- Müller target ambitious UK growth
- Who will benefit from Westbury deal?
- Professional Manager Development Scheme 2016/17
- UK puts more powder into intervention
- New figures published today to help cattle become more TB resistant
- Scottish dairy herds get bigger although numbers fall
- Hard discounters’ growth forecast to continue
- Wyke to supply Sainsbury’s with gas
- UK milk production showing little sign of slowing
- Arla take full ownership of Westbury
- Müller announce milk price reduction
- Palm kernel boosting New Zealand milk production?
- UK holds its own in European group
- BBC Food and Farming Awards 2016
- UK is biggest contributor to EU milk production increase
- Welsh dairy farmers see potential in DPO structure
- Impact of Free Trade Agreements on livestock sector in focus at AHDB Outlook Conference
- Dairy market recovery rests on three key events
- Arla launching new ‘Best of Both’ milk
- First Milk cuts January milk prices
- FAO food price index lowest in 6 years
- FrieslandCampina providing incentive to reduce production growth
- GDT Index down 1.6% but why hasn’t the average price changed?
- Just how much less milk will New Zealand produce?
- Oil prices not stopping OPEC importing
- Second Industry Consultation opens for Trailblazer Apprenticeships – Stockperson
- Have your say on AHDB activity
- Evidence report 1415
- EVIDENCE REPORT - GB DAIRY HERD PERFORMANCE 2014/15
- British Cattle Breeders Conference - The Business of Cattel Breeding
- New genetic index will help the fight against bovine TB
- China’s appetite for dairy products develops
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- EU Commission extends storage aid for butter and SMP29 January 2016
The EU Commission is to extend private storage aid (PSA) for butter and SMP until 30 September 2016, following Member States’ approval of its proposal.
- First Milk lowers some milk prices29 January 2016
First Milk has announced A prices from 3 milk pools will reduce. The Midlands & East Wales pools will reduce by 0.62ppl while the Scottish balancing pool will see 0.19ppl come off. Milk prices in all other milk pools will remain the same.
- NZ milk prices fall as global price pressure continues29 January 2016
Two of New Zealand’s largest dairy co-operatives have reduced their forecast farmgate milk prices for 2015/16 because they expect global dairy commodity prices to remain under pressure.
- Dairy Crest announce Davidstow price decrease29 January 2016
Dairy Crest has announced its Davidstow milk price is to be reduced by 1.6ppl from 1 March. The cut comes due to the challenging market conditions.
- AHDB gathers UK industry to tackle market volatility28 January 2016
AHDB has embarked on an ambitious new initiative to tackle volatility in agricultural commodities markets. Experts from across industry gathered in Westminster at the launch of the AHDB Volatility Forum on 27 January.
- Cheese banned from Russia finds other markets27 January 2016
The EU has made up for about two-thirds of the cheese exports lost to Russia following the trade ban imposed in 2014.
- Hogan considers extension for storage aid market support27 January 2016
EU Agriculture Commissioner Phil Hogan is considering extending the dairy private storage aid schemes (PSA) until September, according to Agra-Europe.
- China’s appetite for dairy products develops27 January 2016
Chinese trade data for 2015 shows a shift in demand towards higher value dairy products.
- The opportunity for dairy exports to Iran26 January 2016
Following the lifting of some sanctions on Iran, dairy businesses are now expressing an interest in entering what is described as the last, large untapped emerging market in the world.
- Leading experts call for dairy to play a key role in combatting childhood obesity25 January 2016
Swapping sugary drinks for milk or water will help to combat the growing risk of childhood obesity, experts explained on Friday 22 January. Childhood obesity is at the top of the public health agenda, yet children continue to consume excess calories through sugar-sweetened drinks. Experts are calling for a simple swap of sugar-sweetened drinks for healthier beverages to help reduce body fat and body weight in children.