- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- De-wormer survey
- Does controlled traffic farming have a place in a silage operation?
- Dairy Crest announce September milk prices
- Arla stays 7th in Rabobank’s top 20 dairy companies
- First GB Dairy Producer Organisation draws in over 1,000 farmers
- AHDB Dairy Healthy Feet Programme (DHFP) tackling lameness events Tuesday 28 July Denbigh, Wales and Crewe, Cheshire.
- Will EU cheese exporters run to Iran?
- EU butter and SMP exports expected to grow
- Milk production forecasts lowered as farmgate prices bite
- Plans approved to extend intervention and PSA
- AHDB Dairy at the Royal Welsh Show
- Arla announce further price reductions
- SMP skimming intervention price
- Shoppers want value and convenience – is the industry delivering?
- A significant milestone of followers on Twitter
- No increase in slaughter numbers yet
- Recap: the UK dairy market in global context
- Finding a new home for milk
- AHDB Dairy Initial Teacher Training (ITT) Course at the Cheshire Show 2015
- SmartAg 15
- Plans to extend intervention and PSA
- Chinese stock market woes creates uncertainty for commodities
- GDT prices continue to slide
- Australian farmgate prices bucking global trend
- Fonterra opens new European plant
- EU could face increased NZ competition
- Farmers Weekly - Dairy Farmer of the Year award
- Pressure mounting on US cheese prices?
- Livestock Event round-up
- Scottish dairy herd undergoes consolidation
- AHDB Dairy at Royal Welsh Show
- Tesco to review TSDG contract
- CMA consider Müller proposal
- Neil Baker wins NMR RABDF Gold Cup
- New label launched for free range milk
- UK Cheddar exports continue to rise
- Snippets from the summer budget
- RABDF seeks to divert levy
- Big superstores lose grocery sales but who gains?
- GB Cereals and Oilseeds planting area decreases
- Supply and demand for dairy forecasted to increase
- Livestock Event
- DC Davidstow August price to increase
- GDT results continue to fall
- Huge public support for dairy farmers at Highland Show
- Müller announce August milk price change
- EU milk production sees continued growth after quota
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- De-wormer survey 31 July 2015
As part of a UK Veterinary Medicines Directorate funded project, the cross industry group COWS, of which AHDB Dairy is a partner, is looking for your opinion on purchasing de-wormers (anthelmintics).
- Does controlled traffic farming have a place in a silage operation?30 July 2015
AHDB Dairy has recently investigated the importance of good soil structure to grassland productivity. Last Friday (24 July 2015) Dr Debbie McConnell, AHDB Dairy R&D Manager, visited the AHDB Dairy and BGS joint demonstration farm in Yorkshire, to film the next phase in the research project.
- Dairy Crest announce September milk prices 30 July 2015
Farmers supplying Dairy Crest on its standard liquid contract will have their price cut by 1.4ppl from 1 September. The price paid on the Davidstow contract will remain unchanged for September.
- Arla stays 7th in Rabobank’s top 20 dairy companies29 July 2015
Acquisitions, currency and high prices have shifted the positions of the top 20 companies by dairy business turnover in the world, in the latest 2014 report by Rabobank.
- First GB Dairy Producer Organisation draws in over 1,000 farmers29 July 2015
The successful launch of the Britain’s first dairy Producer Organisation (PO) by Dairy Crest Direct (DCD) has the potential to improve the bargaining power of its members in the supply chain. Almost all of DCD’s 1,050 members have now signed up to the new PO.
- AHDB Dairy Healthy Feet Programme (DHFP) tackling lameness events Tuesday 28 July Denbigh, Wales and Crewe, Cheshire.28 July 2015
Current lameness prevalence in GB dairy herds suggest that one in three cows are lame but lameness varies greatly from farm-to-farm, with some farms experiencing very low rates, and others suffering with more than half their cows lame.
- Will EU cheese exporters run to Iran?28 July 2015
The potential removal of sanctions against Iran could open up a new market for European cheese exporters.
- EU butter and SMP exports expected to grow27 July 2015
EU exports of butter and skimmed milk powder (SMP) are expected to rise this year despite falls in global imports, according to USDA figures.
- Milk production forecasts lowered as farmgate prices bite27 July 2015
Milk production forecasts for 2015 in some key dairying regions have decreased because low farmgate prices are expected to start impacting global supply, according to the USDA.
- Plans approved to extend intervention and PSA24 July 2015
Proposals to extend intervention and PSA (private storage aid) for butter and skimmed milk powder have been approved by the European Commission.