- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- How do spot milk prices impact on the wider market?
- Spot milk prices on the rise
- UK self-sufficiency levels
- Could UV help light up milk sales?
- US processors expected to invest significantly in new powder capacity
- Decisions4Dairy: Revenue - Little things make a real difference
- Decisions4Dairy: Non-milk revenue
- Decisions4Dairy: Long-term business planning
- Decisions4Dairy: Optimising your milk contract – compositional quality
- Decisions4Dairy Optimising your milk contract – hygienic quality
- EU farmer aid package to deliver £25m to UK
- ‘Arla Farmers Milk’ launches at Asda
- What is happening with GB milk deliveries?
- Irish milk production growth forecasted to slow down
- UK’s dairy trade deficit stands at £1bn
- Australian business helps its farmer suppliers manage volatility
- Livestock 2016
- What will an UK/EU trade relationship look like post-Brexit?
- Wales Woman Farmer Award Winner Announced
- Brexit adds to uncertainty driving volatility in agricultural markets
- Calf to Calving - on farm meetings
- Discover Dairy at Countryfile Live (1)
- 8000 Thisisdairyfarming facebook likes
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Thisisdairyfarming facebook page hits 8000 followers!2 August 2016
Last week saw us hit the 8,000 mark on our consumer facing Facebook page Thisisdairyfarming.
- Discover Dairy at Countryfile Live!1 August 2016
This week will see the first ever Countryfile Live event open its doors at Blenheim Palace
- How do spot milk prices impact on the wider market?29 July 2016
With spot milk prices continuing to rise, farmers are starting to ask when these will filter through into farmgate prices. AHDB looks at what impact we can expect from spot milk prices on farmgate prices in GB.
- Spot milk prices on the rise28 July 2016
The general feeling from those asked on the AHDB UK wholesale panel is that spot milk prices were trading at around 25-29ppl for the last two weeks of July.
- UK self-sufficiency levels28 July 2016
The EU Referendum vote has brought increased interest in the level of self-sufficiency* in the UK. Defra produce self-sufficiency levels for the main dairy products, which are shown in the chart below.
- Could UV help light up milk sales?28 July 2016
Ultraviolet (UV) light treated milk containing increased levels of vitamin D has been authorised for sale in the EU. This was shortly followed by advice from the UK government suggesting some people may need to boost their vitamin D intake.
- US processors expected to invest significantly in new powder capacity26 July 2016
US processors over the next two years are expected to add significantly to their powder production capacity, according to a report by Co-Bank, a co-operative bank serving rural America.
- Calf to calving - on farm meetings26 July 2016
The latest in a series of on-farm meetings supporting our Calf to Calving Initiative is taking place across the country.
- Decisions4Dairy: Revenue - Little things make a real difference22 July 2016
In a series of #Decisions4Dairy themed articles, the focus has been on optimising revenue and the factors dairy farmers should routinely consider, as well as the online tools available, to help inform their decision-making.
- Wales Woman Farmer Award Winner Announced22 July 2016
AHDB Dairy farming ambassador Abi Reader, a dairy farmer from Wenvoe, Cardiff, has been (Thursday, 21 July) been crowned Wales Woman Farmer of the Year at the Royal Welsh Show.