- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- NZ processor expects two more seasons of low prices
- UK dairy trade deficit reduces
- More milk price cuts announced for the flush
- UK production parallel to 2015
- Top line-up of global experts at TotalDairy Seminar 2016
- Organisations working together to help hard pressed dairy farmers
- Fonterra plans early dividend payment to support farmers
- Arla farmgate prices feeling pressure
- EU analysts forecast further dairy expansion
- Arla moves to tap US market
- Exchange rate pushes UK down EU milk price league table
- AHDB Dairy Strengthens Commitment to Market Development
- How high will milk production go and can we cope?
- Glanbia expands its support offering to suppliers
- Working with A&B milk pricing
- Intervention volume ceilings raised following EU meeting
- Breeding dairy cows for TB resistance
- English dairy herd continues to rise
- Fonterra’s milk price down to around 13ppl
- Increased productivity to drive US milk production
- Where is the cliff edge?
- Dairy industry rallies to help hard hit farmers
- Drop in GB milk production driven by yields?
- First AHDB Dairy research conference a full house
- EU measures may not be enough
- EFRA report on farmgate pricing – a dairy perspective
- Evolution of Ireland’s dairy product mix
- Making the right maize decisions
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- NZ processor expects two more seasons of low prices31 March 2016
NZ dairy processor Westland Milk Products has told shareholders it expects at least two more seasons of low milk payouts in NZ.
- UK dairy trade deficit reduces30 March 2016
The UK reduced its dairy trade deficit by 29k tonnes in 2015, although it is still a net importer of dairy products.
- Another milk price cut announced for the flush30 March 2016
Following the announcement from Arla, Müller UK & Ireland have also announced a milk price cut.
- UK production parallel to 201530 March 2016
UK daily milk production is still running parallel to 2015 although is now tracking 1% lower, circa 430k litres/day.
- Top line-up of global experts at TotalDairy Seminar 201629 March 2016
This year’s TotalDairy Seminar will provide UK farmers with a unique opportunity to hear from leading dairy experts from across the globe in a range of presentations and dedicated farmer workshops.
- Organisations working together to help hard pressed dairy farmers24 March 2016
A cross-industry forum earlier in March (Tuesday 15 March 2016) to look at ways of supporting dairy farmers in the challenging months ahead have agreed to work together for the future of the industry. The ‘Allied Industries Forum’, dubbed #Decisions4Dairy, was organised by the NFU, AHDB Dairy and NFU Scotland and included representatives of banks, feed companies, consultants, vets, accountants, other farming unions and the farming charities.
- Fonterra plans early dividend payment to support farmers24 March 2016
NZ dairy co-operative Fonterra intends to pay its farmer members’ final dividend earlier to help support their cash-flows during the tightest months of the season.
- Arla farmgate prices feeling pressure23 March 2016
Arla’s farmgate milk price is feeling the effect of the ongoing imbalance between supply and demand.
- EU analysts forecast further dairy expansion 23 March 2016
In its latest short-term outlook, the EU Commission forecast higher milk production again in 2016. The expectation is for an increase of around 2.4bn litres (1.6%), although growth will be uneven across member states.
- Arla moves to tap US market23 March 2016
Arla plans to enter the US Cheddar market through a new joint venture with US farmer-owned dairy co-operative, Dairy Farmers of America (DFA).