- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- Grass growth picks up for May
- Delayed spring peak for GB milk deliveries
- Russian dairy market likely to remain closed
- Dairy Crest make last price cut until autumn (1)
- Is intervention the best support mechanism?
- Fonterra increase milk price forecast
- SMP intervention volumes break through raised limit
- Contrast revealed in volatility strategies
- Sale of dairies division drags down Dairy Crest’s performance
- Wheat prices steady, but for how long?
- Cravendale to compete with fizzy drinks
- Australia’s fresh idea
- Product mix is one key influence on price volatility
- What’s happening in key export regions?
- Is Chinese dairy demand cooling down?
- SMP volumes hurtling towards new intervention ceiling
- How much do aligned premiums inflate the Defra average milk price?
- GB spring peak looks set to hit 3-year low
- Do co-operatives protect farmers against price volatility?
- Australian dairy sector in turmoil
- GDT suggests stalemate in the market?
- Environmental restrictions to impact on Dutch production
- Global milk production shows bumpy decline
- Lack of investment in UK processing
- UK dairy product production: where is the milk going?
- Raise your glass to dairy on World Milk Day!
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Grass growth picks up for May1 June 2016
Pasture growth has improved significantly during May after a slow start to the year, according to measurements from AHDB Dairy’s monitor farms around GB.
- Delayed spring peak for GB milk deliveries1 June 2016
GB daily milk deliveries have risen more slowly this spring, reaching their peak later compared to last year.
- Russian dairy market likely to remain closed1 June 2016
The ban on Russian dairy imports looks likely to be extended until the end of 2017, according to a statement made by its Prime Minister, Dmitry Medvedev, last week. This confirms statements made by a leading Russian dairy commentator at the recent DIN conference that the ban was likely to remain until at least 2018.
- Dairy Crest make last price cut until autumn31 May 2016
Farmers on Dairy Crest’s Davidstow contracts will face a further 1ppl cut in their milk price from 1 July 2016. Dairy Crest have at the same time put a milk price floor in place until at least the end of September.
- Raise your glass to dairy on World Milk Day!31 May 2016
Milk lovers across the world will be celebrating the white stuff for World Milk Day on Wednesday 1st June 2016.
- Is intervention the best support mechanism?27 May 2016
According to the EU Commission, it has used everything in its power to support the market through the current downturn. However, questions are being asked as to whether intervention is the most suitable support mechanism.
- Fonterra increase milk price forecast26 May 2016
Fonterra has today announced its forecast farmgate milk price for the 2016/17 season, and it’s gone up! The Fonterra price forecast of $4.25 per kgMS is an increase of $0.35 on the forecast for the current season. The 2016/17 season starts on 1 June.
- SMP intervention volumes break through raised limit26 May 2016
SMP offers into intervention are now subject to a tendering procedure once again.
- Contrast revealed in volatility strategies26 May 2016
Four dairy companies addressed the theme ‘managing the extremes of dairy market volatility’ at this year’s Dairy Industry Newsletter conference. All had a common strategy for reducing exposure to market volatility, but differed in how they extended this to cover their farmer suppliers.
- Sale of dairies division drags down Dairy Crest’s performance25 May 2016
Losses from the now sold Dairies division (liquid), and a loss on the sale of that division to Muller were largely responsible for Dairy Crest generating a loss for the year ended 31 March 2016.