- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- Müller to hold January milk price
- TFA Holds Constructive Dialogue With AHDB Dairy
- Permeate market set to take off
- First Milk turnaround progress
- Best practice for avoiding antibiotic residuals in milk
- Expensive water threatens Australian milk production
- Scottish processing can’t keep up with milk production
- Dairy farm income falls in a year of two halves
- First Milk sells Glenfield site to Graham’s
- Industrial cheese and butter usage grows
- More cows to milk for England and Wales
- Arla to maintain December milk price
- Activity Review Autumn & Winter 2015 (1)
- New knowledge transfer dairy groups to launch in Scotland
- Who’s culling dairy cows?
- Dairy recovery expected to be a slow-burner
- EU aid payments reach UK farmers’ bank accounts
- GDT continues to fall back
- Global milk production finally starts to reduce
- Reduce feed wastage
- Dairy Market Weekly
- New biosecurity five point plan and bovine TB information hub launched to help farmers protect herds from TB
- Activity Review Autumn & Winter 2015
- Tesco maintains milk price link to cost tracker
- UK grows share of global dairy trade
- Glanbia’s latest volatility management offering
- Authorisation of products containing chlorpyrifos
- The Australian dairy sector’s big opportunity
- Cathedral City not enough to help DC escape market movements
- GB’s two largest dairy co-ops lose £100m in a year
- Fonterra expands into Chinese food servicing
- You can’t stop volatility – GDT falls
- UK and Ireland max out cheese PSA applications
- China ends one child policy
- Next week’s DairyLeader Forum fast approaches
- Arla exchange rate mechanism supports UK farm incomes by £70m
- Agrihive launched in the UK
- Sharing best practice at BP2015
- Early UK milk production trough
- Fewer farmers but more commercial insight for FM Board
- AHDB Outlook Conference 2016 date announced
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Müller to hold January milk price30 November 2015
Müller UK & Ireland has announced it will hold its farmgate milk price for January 2016.
- TFA Holds Constructive Dialogue With AHDB Dairy30 November 2015
The Tenant Farmers Association’s National Chairman Stephen Wyrill and Chief Executive George Dunn have met with the full board of AHDB Dairy for detailed discussions over concerns expressed about AHDB Dairy by the TFA earlier in the year.
- Permeate market set to take off30 November 2015
Regulators look set to approve a global standard for permeate powder, which should bring new opportunities for the product. There is currently no international standard for permeate powder setting out composition and quality levels. As a result, authorities in a number of countries, including China, do not permit its use. The company who set the international standards, Codex, is currently considering the position for permeate, including whey permeate powder, and a decision is expected early next year.
- First Milk turnaround progress26 November 2015
First Milk (FM) has announced a £1.1m operating profit for the first six months of the year, ending 30 September 2015. This compares with a £7.6m loss for the same period last year. FM anticipate results for the second six months to March 2016 will show a positive operating profit, giving an overall profit for the year. FM also report that debt has continued to reduce, and at the end of September 2015 was £46.1m, compared to £60.7m as at March 2015.
- Best practice for avoiding antibiotic residuals in milk26 November 2015
The information poster on Best practice for avoiding antibiotic residuals in milk is now translated into Welsh, Polish, Estonian and Latvian.
- Expensive water threatens Australian milk production26 November 2015
The price of purchasing water in northern Victoria in Australia could result in dairy businesses becoming unviable.
- Scottish processing can’t keep up with milk production26 November 2015
The increase in milk production in Scotland over the last three years has exceeded the rise in dairy processing in the country. According to the RPA, over the last three years milk production in Scotland has increased by more than 170m litres of milk per annum. AHDB estimates that, over the same time period, processing has only risen by around 90m litres.
- AHDB Outlook Conference 2016 date announced26 November 2015
EU membership and the livestock sector’s competitiveness will come under the spotlight at the 2016 Agriculture & Horticulture Development Board (AHDB) Outlook Conference.
- Dairy farm income falls in a year of two halves25 November 2015
Dairy farm income in England dropped 5% in the 2014/15 season to an average of £83,800 according to Defra estimates.
- First Milk sells Glenfield site to Graham’s 25 November 2015
First Milk (FM) has agreed to sell its Fife based Glenfield Dairy business to Graham’s The Family Dairy.