- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- Rabobank forecasts price rises in 2017… if supply stays tight
- Farmer group successfully negotiate 12-month minimum milk price
- Is your B price following the market?
- Is there enough cream for Christmas?
- Dutch plan to reduce phosphates by culling and fines
- Impact of reduced milk volumes on UK fat balance
- The future of dairy exports following Brexit
- How to improve farmers’ position in the supply chain
- Trade agreements to drive future growth for EU
- Fonterra increases its forecasted milk price
- Sales of intervention stocks to begin this year
- Fertiliser futures contracts now available to producers
- Senior market could provide growth opportunity for dairy
- Milk volume expectations play a role in auction results
- Argentina’s milk drop hits exports
- Downward pressure on GB farmland market
- Yew Tree giving farmers new selling option
- GB milk production dries up
- China dairy imports rise despite demand faltering
- Shape the future of dairy housing at the DairyLeader Forum
- Barber's price to rise 6ppl in 3 months
- Conference Grant Scheme
- Müller announce £60m investment plan
- Global milk production continues to fall
- EU wholesale prices level off
- Butterfat balance in the UK
- GDT price step-up driven by leap for WMP
- Beefing up your calves?
- Decisions4Dairy - Taking control of your own destiny
- Do you have a growth mindset?
- AHDB Dairy Board Member recruitment
- Decisions4Dairy - Tough questions are the key to success
- Decisions4Dairy - Thinking like a businessman not a farmer
- Decisions4Dairy - It’s not what you do, it’s the way that you do it – system change
- Decisions4Dairy - It’s not what you do, it’s the way that you do it : joint ventures
- AHDB publishes most comprehensive review of nutrient management for seven years
- GB dairy herd appears to be stable for now
- Big data helps develop new breeding traits
- Last chance to book your place at next week's DairyLeader Forum
- Free Cattle Housing Advice for Dairy Farmers
- AHDB DAIRY’S HEIFER REARING COST CALCULATOR ENABLES FARMERS TO CALCULATE FARM SPECIFIC COSTS
- PREVENTING LAMENESS IN PRE-CALVED HEIFERS IS A MUST TO SAFEGUARD LONG-TERM FOOT HEALTH (1)
- Calf to Calving reduces heifer rearing costs
- Accelerating farm gate productivity and competitiveness while upholding dairy’s place in the diet is core to new AHDB Dairy Strategy
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Accelerating farm gate productivity and competitiveness while upholding dairy’s place in the diet is core to new AHDB Dairy Strategy30 November 2016
Accelerating productivity growth, stimulating competitiveness and upholding the place of dairy products in sustainable diets are the key building blocks of the new three year AHDB Dairy Strategy published today (1 December).
- Rabobank forecasts price rises in 2017… if supply stays tight29 November 2016
Global dairy commodity prices are expected to continue to rise in 2017 due to reduced milk supplies and improved import demand, according to Rabobank’s latest outlook.
- Farmer group successfully negotiates 12-month minimum milk price29 November 2016
The Milk Supply Association (MSA), the producer organisation supplying Lactalis, has successfully negotiated an agreement to be paid a minimum price of 27.5ppl for the whole of 2017.
- Is your B price following the market?29 November 2016
As spot milk and commodity market prices rise, farmers on A&B pricing are asking how the spot milk price should reflect in their B price. AHDB previously looked at the impact of spot milk prices on the wider market. The volume of milk being sold on the spot market is extremely small, and using it as a guide to B prices is therefore difficult. Of more relevance is how B prices are moving alongside commodity market prices or AMPE. This is because any spare milk available in the country can be converted into butter and SMP, provided there is enough processing capacity for those products and the milk processor has no other market outlets for the milk. There is certainly enough capacity at present.
- Is there enough cream for Christmas?29 November 2016
In fat# terms, over the last 12 months, sales of potted cream at retail level represented around 31%* of the total disappearance of cream in the UK. The remaining cream was either exported or used in further food processing.
- AHDB Dairy's heifer rearing cost calculator enables farmers to calculate farm specific costs28 November 2016
Dairy farmers can now access an updated, online version of AHDB Dairy’s Heifer Rearing Cost Calculator to work out how much it is costing to rear heifers on their specific farm.
- Preventing lameness in pre-calved heifers is a must to safeguard long-term foot health28 November 2016
Preventing Digital Dermatitis (DD) infection pre-calving and minimising body condition score loss post-calving are a must to ensure optimum foot health in an animal’s first lactation and beyond.
- Calf to Calving reduces heifer rearing costs 28 November 2016
Since attending a series of AHDB Dairy Calf to Calving (C2C) events, Dorset farmers Andrew Wallis and Tony White have implemented changes that have helped boost heifer growth rates and reduce age at first calving.
- Dutch plan to reduce phosphates by culling and fines24 November 2016
A three-pronged approach has been proposed to the Dutch government to reduce phosphates from 2017.
- Free Cattle Housing Advice for Dairy Farmers24 November 2016
Scottish dairy farmers considering investing in new cattle housing are being advised to attend two free cow accommodation events in Lanarkshire and Dumfries and Galloway. The events will feature two industry experts who will share their expertise on designing living environments which promote productivity and health.