- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- Considering switching milk buyer?
- Improving the value of bull calves
- Exchange rates having more of a price impact
- First Milk to sell CNP Professional
- Maximising feed intake - webinar recording
- AHDB Dairy events offer advice on keeping calf weights up as temperatures fall
- DairyLeader Forum 2016
- Looking beyond the headline price
- IDF World Dairy Summit 2016 - Day 3
- Milk to feed price ratio finally starting to rise
- How might farms’ future plans affect GB’s milk profile?
- IDF World Dairy Summit 2016 - Day 2
- Dealing with milk price volatility (1)
- IDF World Dairy Summit 2016
- Secretary of State boost for AHDB export work
- How exposed to commodity markets is your milk buyer?
- Does history tell us about release of SMP intervention stocks?
- First export outing for AHDB Dairy
- Implication of Brexit on Trade for Sectors
- New recruit to kick off dairy export programme
- Deadline approaching for second milk reduction period
- Bluetongue Advisory - risk of airborne introduction to UK from the near-continent
- 2016 silages shaping up well overall
- GDT price stutters with 3% fall
- Disinfection and hot washing crucial to prevent Crypto spread from calf jackets
- Weighing heifers vital as grass quality takes toll
- Sterling’s weakness increases CAP Basic Payment
- Milk tap will be slow to turn back on
- IFCN predict good times ahead
- Cattle parasite control around housing (1)
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- Considering switching milk buyer?28 October 2016
For those lucky enough to have a choice, the decision about where to sell your milk needs to consider more than the current headline price being offered. To find the best option for your dairy business, there are a host of important factors to consider, which AHDB Dairy has summarised into a fact sheet.
- Improving the value of bull calves27 October 2016
During times of low milk prices, the importance of the sale of male calves as an alternative source of cash can become more pronounced.
- Exchange rates having more of a price impact27 October 2016
Over the past year, the relationship between Sterling and the Euro has been providing some positive support to wholesale prices.
- First Milk to sell CNP Professional27 October 2016
First Milk has announced the sale of its CNP Professional business to The Protein Partners Ltd. CNP Professional is a sports nutrition company based in Manchester, which was purchased by First Milk in May 2012.
- Maximising feed intake - webinar recording26 October 2016
Watch our recent webinar on Maximising feed intake - access and consumption with Professor Trevor Devries.
- AHDB Dairy events offer advice on keeping calf weights up as temperatures fall25 October 2016
As the nights begin to draw in, dairy farmers will need to assess how best to keep their calves gaining weight over the winter months. Potential solutions will be provided at two upcoming meetings run by AHDB Dairy in early November.
- DairyLeader Forum 201625 October 2016
The DairyLeader Forum endeavors to provide inspiration and intellectual challenge to develop you, your business and our industry.
- Looking beyond the headline price24 October 2016
Dairy farmers, attracted by the recent upturn in milk prices, may be thinking now is a good time to switch contracts and realise better returns. However, decisions made solely on the headline price risk longer term consequences when those prices fall just as quickly as they have risen.
- Cattle parasite control around housing webinar recording 24 October 2016
Watch our recent webinar on cattle parasite control
- IDF World Dairy Summit 2016 - Day 321 October 2016
AHDB Dairy’s Izak van Heerden, David Cotton and Chris James are at IDF World Dairy Summit 2016. Here are highlights and take home messages from day 3.