- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- FC pays farms to cut litres… and lifts its milk price
- Fonterra announces further milk price increase
- More farmgate price rises announced for October
- EU milk reduction scheme fills up fast
- What is causing milk production to fall?
- Fats continue to rise at the latest GDT
- How stable is your milk price?
- Müller to invest £100m across its UK business
- US milk production forecast increases
- Dale Farm NI encourages more milk
- Hard discounters continue to improve liquid milk share
- FMP strong for remainder of 2016
- EU cattle slaughterings on the rise
- EU cuts milk production forecast
- US private equity firm invests in Meadow Foods
- Milk Production Reduction Scheme open for applications
- GDT catches up with the market
- 2016 Dairy statistics - An insiders guide
- All Things Dairy September issue
- Australia’s dairy sector to be put under the microscope
- Cost of production - Comparisons, calculations and implications
- Dairy farmers to be paid to reduce production
- Decisions4Dairy webinar - Is all-year round calving really the best option?
- EU milk production hits lowest level since end of quota
- Farmgate milk prices lift on both sides of the globe
- Murray Goulburn profits increase in turbulent times
- Decisions For Dairy Webinar Video Recording Available
- RODENTICIDE WEBINAR – GET UP TO SPEED
- AHDB Dairy inbreeding checker gets special mention at UK Dairy Day
- AHDB's Derek Armstrong highly commended for Dairy Ambassador of the Year
- Women in Dairy Conference 2016
- WEBINAR: Mineral nutrition of dairy cattle (1)
- Change on the Horizon for labour-intensive UK production systems?
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- August 2015
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- Technical Articles
- News Archive
- FC pays farms to cut litres… and lifts its milk price28 September 2016
European dairy co-operative FrieslandCampina (FC) has announced it will pay its members around 8ppl (10 eurocents per kg) to reduce milk production between October 2016 and March 2017.
- Fonterra announces further milk price increase28 September 2016
Fonterra has announced a further 10.5% rise in its 2016/17 forecast farmgate milk price, to approximately 21-22ppl (NZ$5.25 per kilo of milk solids).
- More farmgate price rises announced for October28 September 2016
A number of GB milk processors have increased their farmgate prices for October, including Arla, Müller, First Milk, Dairy Crest and Meadow Foods.
- EU milk reduction scheme fills up fast27 September 2016
The maximum volume limit for the EU’s milk production reduction scheme has been almost reached in the first wave of applications.
- What is causing milk production to fall?27 September 2016
GB milk production from Jan to Jul 2016 was 247m litres lower than over the same period last year, after adjusting for the leap year.
- Fats continue to rise at the latest GDT22 September 2016
Butter and milk fat prices continued to climb at the latest Global Dairy Trade (GDT) Event on 20 September, helping to lift the overall Price Index up by 1.7%.
- How stable is your milk price?21 September 2016
The volatility of milk prices makes long-term planning difficult. While league tables give information on how contracts pay, relative to each other in a single month, they do not help assess how stable prices have been over time or longer term returns to farmers.
- WEBINAR: Mineral nutrition of dairy cattle 21 September 2016
Register now for our next webinar on 28 September at 7pm on mineral nutrition of dairy cattle with Professor Liam Sinclair
- Müller to invest £100m across its UK business20 September 2016
Müller has issued a press release announcing £100m investment in the operational, innovation and marketing sectors of its business.
- US milk production forecast increases 20 September 2016
The latest USDA World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimate report marginally increases the forecasted figure for US 2016 milk production.