- About AHDB Dairy
- Dairy Market Weekly
- Monthly Reports
- Dairy Market Update
- APT Reports
- Company Strategy & Performance Report
- Farmer Intentions
- Dairy Statistics
- Dairy Supply Chain Reports
- Milk Prices & Contracts
- Dairy Sales & Consumption
- Supply & Production
- Processing & Trade
- Farming Data
- Farm Expenses
- Dairy Market Indicators Review
- Dairy Market Indicators summary of changes
- Scoping Study of the Welsh Dairy Processing Sector 2011
- Astudiaeth Gwmpasu o’r Sector Prosesu Llaeth yng Nghymru
- Raw Milk Contracts and Relationships (D)
- Factors Affecting Milk Supply 2009
- The Welsh Dairy Processing Sector - 2014
- The feasibility of a dairy producer organisation in wales report
- Industry Structure
- Research & Development
- Consumer Communication
- Technical Information
- Talking to schools & consumers
- D. Archive
The Feasibility of a Dairy Producer Organisation in Wales Report
Published 12 January 16
The focus of this report is about gaining a better understanding of how a Dairy Producer Organisation (DPO) structure could work for the benefit of dairy farmers and processors in Wales.
The main questions addressed as part of the study are:
- Which model would offer the best option for Welsh milk producers?
- What scale of DPO would be required to make a difference?
- Should the DPO be negotiating with one or more buyers/processors?
- What other roles could the DPO have (e.g. marketing, promotion of Welsh products)?
- What would be the benefits of being a member of a DPO?
- Is there the right mindset/appetite for this in Wales from producers, processors and other key stakeholders?