Focused management of breeding is essential to achieve top fertility results.
Venue: Avon Bridge Hotel, Carlisle Road, Hamilton ML3 7DB
Date: Wednesday 17 October 2018
Time: 11:00 – 14:30
AHDB Dairy have found block calving herds who calve 90% of their cows in the first 6 weeks of calving outperform those with longer calving periods. Achieving this requires planning and focus.
Remember, a tight block allows cows longer recovery time post calving (before next mating), more days in milk, calves of closer age groups, and can reduce the effect of human fatigue at the tail end of calving.
Join AHDB Dairy and nationally recognised vet Dave Gilbert to discuss pre-mating planning, how to set up for a successful 2018 season and how to ensure good non-return rates.
- Setting and hitting ambitious targets
- Pre-mating checks – when and what to look for?
- Nutrition – managing body condition and the transition from grass to housing
- Heat detection – what affects heat expression and how to maximise submission rates
- Serving – AI vs bull use, using sexed semen and the role of synchronisation
Who should attend: This workshop is aimed at all farmers and farm staff with a responsibility for heat detection and service in block calving herds
These meetings are delivered in partnership with Zoetis, providers of CIDR®
To book contact the KE Events hub on 01904 771216 or email email@example.com
To find out more, please contact Richard Davies firstname.lastname@example.org or 07966 237841
Dairy Pro Points are available for attending this event, Click here for more details