EU Farmgate Milk Prices
Published 14 June 16
- The April EU weighted average milk price stood at €27.27/100kg (22.27ppl), down €1.15/100kg (4.0%) on the previous month. In pence per litre, the price was down on March by 0.57ppl (2.5%). Compared with the previous year, the weighted average EU price for April was down €4.18/100kg (13.3%), this was a decrease on the year of 1.15ppl.
- The average UK farmgate price in April stood at €27.21/100kg (22.22ppl), which was the twelfth highest price of any nation in the EU15 after Greece, Finland, Italy, Sweden, Austria, Spain and Denmark, France, Portugal, Luxembourg and Netherlands.
- The EU15 weighted average price stood at €27.81/100kg (22.71ppl) in April, €1.13/100kg (3.9%) down on March, and was €4.12/100kg (12.9%) lower than the April 2015 average.
- Looking at the top-five milk producing countries for this month (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Italy), the average April price was €28.07/100kg which was a €1.24/100kg (4.2%) decrease compared with the previous month.
For the latest information on EU milk production click here.
|Apr-16||Pence per litre (ppl)||Euros/100kg|
|Weighted Average EU15||22.71||27.81|
|Weighted Average EU28||22.27||27.27|
* Figures are DG AGRI estimations
** Figures are estimated prices by the Member State
*** Figures are estimations based on LTO
Please note the March milk price for Ireland has now been amended by DG AGRI.
Note: The UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are inflated by retrospective bonuses estimated to be €2.72/100kg (2.08ppl) and €3.30/100kg (2.63ppl), respectively.
Source: DG Agri
Source: DG Agri