EU Farmgate Milk Prices
Published 28 April 16
- The February EU weighted average milk price stood at €29.34/100kg (23.41ppl), down €0.15/100kg (0.5%) on the previous month. In pence per litre, the price was up on January by 0.55ppl (2.4%). Compared with the previous year, the weighted average EU price for February was down €2.47/100kg (7.8%), this was a decrease on the year of 0.87ppl.
- The average UK farmgate price in February stood at €32.70/100kg (26.09ppl), which was the fifth highest price of any nation in the EU15 after Greece, Finland, Italy and Austria. However, please note the UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are both inflated by retrospective bonuses, estimated to be €2.72/100kg (2.08ppl) and €3.30/100kg (2.63ppl), respectively. Without the retrospective bonus included in February 2016, the UK would be in eighth position out of the EU15 at €29.40/100kg, just behind Ireland
- The EU15 weighted average price stood at €29.97/100kg (23.91ppl) in February, €0.07/100kg (0.2%) down on January, and was €2.36/100kg (7.3%) lower than the February 2015 average.
- Looking at the top-five milk producing countries for this month (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Poland), the average February price was €28.91/100kg which was a €0.14/100kg (0.5%) increase compared with the previous month. However, as outlined above, the UK price for February was inflated by retrospective bonus payments.
For the latest information on EU milk production click here.
|Feb-16||Pence per litre (ppl)||Euros/100kg|
|Weighted Average EU15||23.91||29.97|
|Weighted Average EU28||23.41||29.34|
* Figures are DG AGRI estimations
** Figures are estimated prices by the Member State
*** Figures are estimations based on LTO
Note: The UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are inflated by retrospective bonuses estimated to be €2.72/100kg (2.08ppl) and €3.30/100kg (2.63ppl), respectively.
Source: DG Agri
Source: DG Agri