EU Farmgate Milk Prices
Published 18 August 16
- The June EU weighted average milk price stood at €25.81/100kg (20.96ppl), down €0.49/100kg (1.9%) on the previous month. In pence per litre, the price was down on May by 0.13ppl (0.6%). Compared with the previous year, the weighted average EU price for June was down €4.33/100kg (14.4%), this was a decrease on the year of 1.40ppl.
- The average UK farmgate price in June stood at €25.39/100kg (20.62ppl), which was the tenth highest price of any nation in the EU15 after Greece, Finland, Italy, Austria, France, Spain, Sweden, Portugal and Denmark.
- The EU15 weighted average price stood at €26.36/100kg (21.41ppl) in June, €0.50/100kg (1.9%) down on May, and was €4.43/100kg (14.4%) lower than the June 2015 average.
- Looking at the top-five milk producing countries for this month (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Poland), the average June price was €25.08/100kg which was a €0.39/100kg (1.5%) decrease compared with the previous month.
For the latest information on EU milk production click here.
|Jun-16||Pence per litre (ppl)||Euros/100kg|
|United Kingdom **||20.62||25.39|
|Weighted Average EU15||21.41||26.36|
|Weighted Average EU28||20.96||25.81|
* Figures are DG AGRI estimations
** Figures are estimated prices by the Member State
*** Figures are estimations based on LTO
Note: The UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are inflated by retrospective bonuses estimated to be €2.72/100kg (2.08ppl) and €3.30/100kg (2.63ppl), respectively.
Source: DG Agri
Source: DG Agri