EU Farmgate Milk Prices
Published 12 May 16
- The March EU weighted average milk price stood at €28.10/100kg (22.59ppl), down €1.15/100kg (3.9%) on the previous month. In pence per litre, the price was down on February by 0.75ppl (3.2%). Compared with the previous year, the weighted average EU price for March was down €3.41/100kg (10.8%), this was a decrease on the year of 0.86ppl.
- The average UK farmgate price in March stood at €28.67/100kg (23.04ppl), which was the eighth highest price of any nation in the EU15 after Greece, Finland, Italy, Austria, Sweden, Spain and Denmark.
- The EU15 weighted average price stood at €28.57/100kg (22.96ppl) in March, €1.29/100kg (4.3%) down on February, and was €3.37/100kg (10.6%) lower than the March 2015 average.
- Looking at the top-five milk producing countries for this month (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Italy), the average March price was €29.10/100kg which was a €1.51/100kg (4.9%) decrease compared with the previous month.
For the latest information on EU milk production click here.
|March 2016||Pence per litre (ppl)||Euros/100kg|
|Ireland ** †||18.27||22.73|
|Weighted Average EU15||22.96||28.57|
|Weighted Average EU28||22.59||28.10|
* Figures are DG AGRI estimations
** Figures are estimated prices by the Member State
*** Figures are estimations based on LTO
† Please note we are currently querying the February and March milk prices for Ireland.
Note: The UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are inflated by retrospective bonuses estimated to be €2.72/100kg (2.08ppl) and €3.30/100kg (2.63ppl), respectively.
Source: DG Agri
Source: DG Agri