EU Farmgate Milk Prices
Published 22 September 16
- The July EU weighted average milk price stood at €25.53/100kg (22.10ppl), down €0.24/100kg (0.9%) on the previous month. In pence per litre, the price was up on June by 1.17ppl (5.6%). Compared with the previous year, the weighted average EU price for July was down €4.39/100kg (14.7%), although this was an increase on the year of 0.30ppl.
- The average UK farmgate price in July stood at €23.55/100kg (20.39ppl), which was the twelfth highest price of any nation in the EU15 after Greece, Finland, Italy, Austria, France, Swedend, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Netherlands and Luxembourg.
- The EU15 weighted average price stood at €26.01/100kg (22.52ppl) in July, €0.30/100kg (1.1%) down on June, and was €4.57/100kg (14.9%) lower than the July 2015 average.
- Looking at the top-five milk producing countries for this month (Germany, France, UK, Netherlands and Poland), the average July price was €24.73/100kg which was a €0.30/100kg (1.2%) decrease compared with the previous month.
For the latest information on EU milk production click here.
|Jul-16||Pence per litre (ppl)||Euros/100kg|
|United Kingdom **||20.39||23.55|
|Weighted Average EU15||22.52||26.01|
|Weighted Average EU28||22.10||25.53|
* Figures are DG AGRI estimations
** Figures are estimated prices by the Member State
*** Figures are estimations based on LTO
Note: The UK February 2015 and 2016 figures are inflated by retrospective bonuses estimated to be €1.35/100kg (1.03ppl) and €4.29/100kg (3.42ppl), respectively.
Source: DG Agri
Source: DG Agri