- About AHDB Dairy
- Market Information
- Research & Development
- Consumer Communication
- All things dairy
- Breeding & Genetics
- Milk forecasting calculator
- Joint venture report
- Heifer Rearing Calculator CD
- Robotic milking technology - making successful decisions
- Dairy Wizard
- Energy Efficiency On-Farm
- Quality Milk Production, How to Avoid Antibiotic Failures
- Milk Roadmap one year down the road
- Milk Roadmap
- Effective Use of Water on Dairy Farms
- Joint Ventures Factsheet
- What is a Joint Venture - Case study
- Joint Ventures career path - Case study
- Dairy Lean Management Case Study - Haughton Hall Farm
- Lean management tools factsheet
- Template profit and loss ac
- Template partial budget
- Cashflow with VAT calc template
- Risk Register template
- Back to Basics on Risk Management – Buying In
- Back to basics on Futures v3
- Executive summary of Lean Management Pilot 1 and 2
- Back to Basics - Surviving low milk prices check list
- Comparable Farm Profit template
- Helping make decisions diagram
- Helping you help your business – support available to farmers
- Grass Management
- Health & Welfare
- AHDB Dairy Feet Programme
- Monitor farm reports
- People Management
- AHDB Dairy Mastitis Control Plan
- Climate Change
- How to guides
- Talking to schools & consumers
- D. Archive
Joint Ventures Factsheet
16 Nov 15
A factsheet giving a brief explanation on what Joint Ventures are, who they might be relevant to, and what makes them work.
Helping you help your business – support available to farmers
04 Sep 15
As a levy payer it is important to know what help is available to you in these challenging times. Alongside technical management, AHDB Dairy has a role to promote, support and improve business management in all it’s guises. This fact-sheet outlines what is available to you.
Helping make decisions diagram
04 Sep 15
A diagram to help walk you through the type of questions you need to ask yourself and signposting you to information (from varied sources), templates and calculators to help you budget and plan your business both physically and financially. Every dark orange box can be clicked on to take you further into that area or to a document that will help you make informed decisions. Work is continuing on this document to add additional signposting as well as creating a more user friendly format as we are aware there is substantial content in this single document.
Back to Basics - Surviving low milk prices check list
11 Aug 15
A short guide to offer advice on steps you can consider during periods of low milk price
Comparable Farm Profit template
11 Aug 15
An excel template for you to complete a Comparable Farm Profit (CFP) to enable you to assess areas of your business that may need reviewing, also allowing comparison with other dairy businesses when completed as part of a group.
Back to Basics on Risk Management - Futures
29 Sep 14
A factsheet to give you the basics on what Futures are and how a Futures contact works.
Profit and loss account template
03 Sep 14
A profit and loss account template. The profit and loss account describes the business's financial transactions and the resulting profit (or loss) for the trading period.
Cashflow with VAT calc template
03 Sep 14
A template for a cashflow spreadsheet. A cashflow spreadsheet is a good way of showing future anticipated peaks and troughs in the money coming into the business and the costs which the business will have to cover during that time.
Partial budget template
03 Sep 14
A template for a Partial Budget. A partial budget is used to calculate the effect on business margins (and thus profits) of a proposed change in a portion of the farm business. It uses only the costs and returns that alter as a result of the proposed change, providing an indication of the potential improvement in business performance and a measure of how existing farm enterprises, and the business as a whole, may be financially affected.
Dairy Lean Management Case Study - Haughton Hall Farm
04 Jul 14
Dairy Lean Management Case Study from Haughton Hall Farm in Cheshire. A factsheet to explain the practical steps taken in the implementation and embedding of Lean management on a dairy farm and the results the business has seen.